Saturday, July 13, 2013

We're Running Chicago!

It's major race announcement time!  Some of you already knew this, but back in February, I officially signed up for the 2013 Chicago Marathon.  I've already got a bit of a history with the Chicago course -- I finished my first marathon there in 2011, and had a disappointing injury-induced DNS in 2012.  So of course I'm coming back for more!
Chicago SWAG
And the even MORE exciting news is that this time I'll have a partner in crime -- my sister, Katie!  When Chicago registration opened just two days after Katie finished her first half marathon in Austin, she decided to go big and sign up for her first full.  Possibly with just the tiniest bit of encouragement from me.
Austin finishers
Mud sisters
The marathon is in three months, on 10/13/13.  Katie is a few weeks into her very first training plan, and I'm going to switch over to full-on marathon training right after 70.3 Racine (which is somehow only a week and a day away!).  We'll be running the marathon with the Race to Stop MS team.  It's a cause that means a lot to us personally, and I love the idea of running a marathon to raise money to fight a disease that stops people from moving.
ILD Race to Stop MS logo 300 x 225.jpg

You can donate to our campaign by visiting our participant page.  We've set a goal of raising $1500, and would be truly grateful for any support you can give.  You can also follow our training (you might even see some guest posts from Katie!) as well as my continued triathlon adventures, right here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment