Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Mileage Report

Sorry for going AWOL last week!  My sister tells me that "the people" are demanding new blog entries, and more specifically that an angry mob was approaching the house with pitchforks and old running shoes.  I have to make this one short, but here goes.

Last week's training:
Tue: 5 mi @ 11:01
Wed: 7.9 mi @ 11:19
Thu: 3.2 mi @ 11:31
Sat: 5 mi @ 9:56
Sun: 20.1 mi @ 12:21

The most exciting run of the week was Thursday's three miler.  I wanted to do a short run since my knee was acting up, so I brought along my new canine friend who I've been watching/borrowing during the day.  She was amazingly well behaved for a dog without much running experience.  Moose and Rowdy, you know I love you, but you really need to learn how to run without pulling my shoulder out of the socket!

A much too long video of Moose and Rowdy "playing nicely"

Sunday's 20 miler was extremely painful.  Diane and I had a girls night in on Saturday, and after a few glasses of red wine with not enough water, I was plenty dehydrated on Sunday.  Then my Camelbak ran out around mile 16, so I ended up with puffy hands, an all over the place heart rate, and a debilitating side stitch.

See where I completely died after mile 18?
Next up is Disney's Princess Half Marathon on Sunday, so I promise I'll be back next week with a full race report, complete with lots of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment