Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Mileage Report

Here it is -- the first weekly mileage report for a brand new marathon training cycle!  I'm using Hal Higdon's Intermediate I plan again.  Hopefully this time I'll make it through without missing whole weeks due to injury.
The general plan is short runs on Tuesday and Thursday, a moderate distance run on Wednesday, a marathon pace run on Saturday, and a long run on Sunday.  I'll be making small modifications throughout to accommodate a bunch of other fun races I want to run this summer.  For this first week, I combined what should have been a 5 mile pace run and an 8 mile long run so I could run the North Shore Half Marathon without changing the weekly mileage.  Oddly enough, that's about how the pacing of Sunday's race went down (unintentionally) but more on that later ...

So, with the modification, here's how last week broke down:

Mon - "Cross training" aka walked the dog and called it a day
Tue - 3.0 mi @ 10:26 pace (GA)
Wed - 5.0 mi @ 10:59 pace (GA)
Thu - 3.2 mi @ 11:06 pace (EZ)
Fri - Rest
Sat - "Rest" but ended up taking the dogs for an extra long walk and going shopping, which meant even more walking
Sun - North Shore Half Marathon in 2:30:43 (Ouch)

And coming up this week:

Mon - Cross training = Pilates On Demand
Tue - 3 mi GA
Wed - 5 mi GA
Thu - 3 mi EZ
Fri - Rest
Sat - 9 mi
Sun - Race Against Hate 10K

Once again, I'm modifying the plan slightly so I can run the Race Against Hate with my mom, sister, and boyfriend.  And by "with" I mean they're all running the 5K and will be waiting around forever for me to finish.  So I'm swapping Saturday and Sunday and adding a mile and change to the pace run, which should have been 5 miles.

I'll post a full recap of Sunday's North Shore Half as soon as I have photos.

And now, since this has been a boring, photo-less post, here's another picture of my adorable puppy!

Klaus demonstrating "rest day"

No comments:

Post a Comment