Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Mileage Report

I finally finished moving everything from my old apartment to my new apartment yesterday, which means it's time to catch up on my backlog of blog posts!
Blogging is way more fun than dealing with this mess
Last week's workouts:
Mon - Cross training 12 hours in the car (now that I have Klaus I drive home instead of flying)
Tue - 3.09 mi @ 10:58 pace (GA)
Wed - 5 mi GA  Took the day off hoping to fend off some developing injuries
Thu - 3.06 mi @11:20 pace (EZ) 
Fri - Rest
Sat - 5.26 mi @ 11:13 pace (MSD)
Sun - B.A.A. 10K in 1:00:59
Klaus enjoying the car ride from Chicago to Boston
This will be my first week of the training cycle with no race planned!  I'm kind of looking forward to settling into the weekend routine.


Here's the plan:
Mon - Cross training moving moving moving
Tue - 3 mi GA
Wed - 6 mi GA
Thu - 3 mi EZ 
Fri - Rest
Sat - 6 mi MP
Sun - 11 mi LSD


And now for the injury update ...


My patellar tendonitis seems to be getting better, or at least not worse (knock on wood), but as usual, that means two new injuries have popped up.  During the North Shore Half a few weeks ago, my right hip started to hurt, especially on the uphills.  The pain hasn't gone away since then, and usually kicks in 2-3 miles into my runs.   It also wakes me up in the middle of the night, resulting in lots of rolling around and kicking to try to find a comfortable sleeping position.  Not fun.  I've also been having some serious heel pain for the first time ever.  For a few days last week, I could barely walk because the pain in my right heel was so sharp.  I scrapped Wednesday's run to try to rest it a bit, but I don't think being on my feet moving all week helped much.  Halfway through Sunday's 10K the pain was so bad I thought I was going to have to walk the rest of the race, but I ran through it.  Which was fine until after the race, when I could barely walk home from the T thanks to the combined heel and hip pain.  Now my heel is mostly numb, which scares me even more.


Any armchair diagnoses from my fellow injury-prone runners?


Only 15 minutes until they turn my building's water back on for the day!  I love construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment