Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Mileage Report

A little late, since I spent all of Monday driving back to Boston (and all of Tuesday freaking out about how I'm going to move all my stuff into my tiny new apartment), but here it is!


Mon - Cross training = Pilates On Demand
Tue - 3.1 mi @ 10:20 pace (GA) + quick strength
Wed - 5.0 mi @ 10:09 pace (GA)
Thu - 3.0 mi @ 11:02 pace (EZ)  + quick strength 
Fri - Rest
Sat - 9 mi @ 11:48 pace (LSD)
Sun - Race Against Hate 10K in 1:02:34


Wednesday's 5 miler felt GREAT.  First run in a long time that didn't feel hard, despite keeping the pace fairly quick (for me, anyway).  My knee has been holding up ok, but of course that means something else has started to hurt -- this time it's my right hip.  Maybe jumping back into a full training load and adding on my hip-heavy PT exercises at the same time was too much ...


This week: 
Mon - Cross training 12 hours in the car
Tue - 3 mi GA
Wed - 5 mi GA
Thu - 3 mi EZ 
Fri - Rest
Sat - 5 mi MSD
Sun - B.A.A. 10K


I didn't have to alter any of the distances this week, but since Sunday's 6 mile long run is actually going to be the B.A.A. 10K, where I know I won't want to hold back  the pace, I'm going to turn Saturday's 5 mile pace run into a medium distance slow run.  My hip is still hurting bad enough to wake me up in the middle of the night, and spending the day hauling things from one apartment to the other isn't helping, so I'm thinking about scrapping/shortening today's 5 miler.  But I'll probably feel guilty and end up running it this evening (high of 99 in Boston today?!) anyway.


I finally have the photos from the North Shore Half, so I'll post recaps of that race and the Race Against Hate 10K asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment