Friday, December 9, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

This week's favorite thing: Runner's World What to Wear for Runners calculator
Last week I wrote about how much I love getting my print edition of Runner's World magazine.  This week, I'm moving on to one of my favorite features on their website.

We've been having oddly warm temperatures here in Boston, which is nice, but problematic for figuring out what to wear on my runs.  I know what to do when it's really hot or really cold, but the in between temperatures always confuse me.  So I started using the What to Wear for Runners calculator on the Runner's World website.

It's super easy to use.  Just enter the weather conditions for your run ...
... and it tells you what to wear!
At first I didn't trust it at all -- I thought I would freeze in what the calculator told me to wear.  But I went with it anyway, and I was comfortable for the whole run.  The times I've doubted it and put on extra clothes, I ended up being too warm.

You can even play with the "When I run, I like to feel:" setting to customize it a bit.  For pace runs, I like the "in-between" setting, but for slower runs I like the "warm" setting since I get cold easily and sometimes I'm out there for a really long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment