Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Mileage Report

Pretty good training this week.  I cut back Wednesday's run by two miles and Sunday's run by half a mile to keep the weekly mileage from jumping too much.  By the end of the weekend my legs were completely fried, but nothing felt injured.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total
28
Rest
29 
3.2 mi@11:16
PT exercises, abs
30 
4 mi@11:03
Bikram
1
3.1 mi@10:35
2
Rest
3
6 mi@10:19
PT exercises
4
10.6 mi@11:51

27 mi

I skipped my cross training day on Monday since I was sick and flew back from Chicago that morning.  But I think I more than made up for it when I tried Bikram on Wednesday in addition to my run!  I tend to run cold, and my mom is highly resistant to turning on the AC in the summer, so I didn't think the heat would bother me too much.  I was wrong!  Even laying on the mat I could feel my heart pounding and I felt like I couldn't breathe.  I went back for my second class today and felt much, much better.  I think I might make it a semi-regular part of the training routine.

The weekend runs went well.  Saturday's pace run again overshot my target marathon pace (10:30-10:45), but I'm starting to get the hang of pacing myself.  The splits were:
1    9:55
2  10:17
3  10:18
4  10:32
5  10:26
6  10:20
The paces on this week's runs also reinforce my belief that I do not run well first thing in the morning.  Just compare Tuesday and Thursday's short, easy runs.

I also went out dancing on Saturday night, so my legs didn't exactly feel peppy when I headed out for Sunday's long run, which was my first attempt to run longer than ten miles since Chicago.  Still, it was a nice day and I got to enjoy the Esplanade, which is absolutely beautiful.  I took quick walk breaks for water ever 2 miles and took Gu at miles 4 and 8 -- I was excited to try out the special edition Peppermint Stick flavor.  It was pretty good, but not as good as Mint Chocolate.   I was tired at the end, but not dying, so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep building up long run the distance without too much trouble.

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total
5
Cross
6
Easy: 3 mi
7
MSD: 6 mi
8
Easy: 3 mi
9
Rest
10
Easy: 6 mi
11
3/1: 12 mi

30 mi
Diane just convinced me to make the Cambridge Winter Classic 5K the end of Sunday's long run.  I was planning to pick up the pace for the last quarter of the run anyway, so it actually works out well.  Plus it's her birthday, so how can I say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment