Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not-Monday Mileage Report

Last week's training made me feel like I actually have a chance of finishing the D.C. marathon in March.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total
16
Rest
17
4 mi @11:14
PT exercises
18
4 mi @11:52
19
8 mi @11:37
20
Rest
21
5.4 mi @12:19
22
15.2 mi @11:35

36.6 mi


A few notes from the week:

  • Tues and Wed runs were on the treadmill, which I do NOT enjoy.  Turns out 4 miles is my limit for indoor running, so I switched my Wed 8 miler and my Thu 4 miler.
  • Thursday I realized I didn't have many clean running clothes, so I dressed up as ninja runner (see below).
  • Saturday's run was supposed to be 8 miles at marathon pace, but waking up to a few inches of snow on the ground with plenty more coming down quickly changed that plan.  I couldn't stand the thought of another treadmill run, so I settled for a slow slog through the snow for 5 miles.
  • Sunday's long run was AWESOME.  Diane was kind enough to accompany me for the first 11 miles as part of her training for Disney's Princess half marathon in Feb.  After last week's run-in with hypothermia, I decided to make this long run 4x4 mile laps around the house.  Not having to carry water and gu with me was pretty nice, but the added time for stops meant that I cut the run a little short so that I wouldn't miss brunch in the dining hall.

Ninja runner!
Now I'm into the first week of the semester, so my non-running life is quickly getting more demanding -- suddenly there are appointments on my calendar instead of a long string of blank days.  Hopefully I'll still be able to fit in this week's training runs and break 40 miles for the first time ever!
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total
23
Cross
24
GA: 5 Mi
25
MSD: 7 mi
26
GA: 5 mi
27
Rest
28
Pace: 6 mi
29
LSD: 18 mi

41 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment