Saturday, January 28, 2012

Running is My Boyfriend

The other day when I was working on my dissertation thinking about my love life, I realized something.  For the past 6-9 months, I've been in a pretty serious relationship.  With running.  I remembered reading Emily Faherty's "Running is My Boyfriend" and Jill Barville's "What's Your Relationship with Running", so I decided to do my own analysis.

Here's a little rundown of me and running:

I plan my weekends around it

Saturday
Sunday
28
Pace: 8 mi
29
LSD: 18 mi

I talk about it so much I'm pretty sure half my friends want to duct tape my mouth shut

It takes me on vacation
NYC!
It gets me bling
Shiny!
I really look forward to our dates most days, but I also enjoy getting a break one day a week

There are pictures of the two of us all over my room
Fun fact: race pictures are super flattering
Since we met, I've stopped watching what I eat

Mmm, Domino's
Some weeks it's the last thing I think about before I fall asleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up
Most of the time it makes me really happy, but every once in a while it hurts me

Brrrrr

Sound familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment