Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Mileage Report

My first 40+ mile week!

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total
23
Rest
24
5 mi @11:21
25
7 mi @11:31
26
5.4 mi @10:00
27
Rest
28
6 mi @9:51
29
18 mi @11:52
41.7 mi

Training this week was amazing.  Maybe Stressed Jess is just a better runner than Happy Jess?  Or maybe strawberry frosted Pop Tarts really are my perfect pre-run breakfast?  Tuesday  and Wednesday weren't anything special, but the weather was great and the runs just felt good.  Thursday and Saturday I ran much faster than I had planned.  My legs wanted to go fast (fast for me, not for actual fast people) and I went with it.  Sunday's long run went much better than I expected, too.  I ignored my pace and focused on keeping my heart rate down, and the pace ended up being just fine, actually on the fast side of my long run pace range.  I thought I was feeling pretty good at the end, all things considered, but apparently I looked like a zombie.  I ended the run at chipotle, since I'd run through dining hall brunch, and the cashier told me to take care of myself and pretty much insisted that I take a cup for water in addition to my veggie burrito bowl.
Not exactly negative splits, but I didn't blow up, either
Today, I'm feeling much, much better than I was after my 18 miler in the last training cycle.  I'm a little sore, including my shoulders and my back, but nothing hurts too much.  The only downside is that my appetite is finally catching up to my training.
Leftover Domino's makes an excellent second dinner
I know this is a little risky, but I've got another ambitious training week lined up next.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total
 30
Cross
 31
GA: 5 mi
1
MSD: 8 mi
2
GA: 5 mi
3
Rest
4
Pace: 5 mi
5
LSD: 20 mi

43 mi


That's all for now.  It's getting late, and I have to teach my first classes of the semester tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm wait. I thought I was your steady? Should I be getting jealous...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is awkward. We never talked about being exclusive ...

      Delete