Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Mileage Report

Monday Mileage Report is now back on Monday!  Shocking, I know.  But here goes:

Last week's workouts -- follow the links to get the full recaps:
Mon - Cross training moving moving moving
Tue - 3.21 mi @ 10:35 pace (GA)
Wed - 5.59 mi @ 10:44 pace (GA)
Thu - 3.21 mi @ 11:43 pace (EZ) 
Fri - Rest
Sat - 6.04 mi @ 11:10 pace (not-quite-MP)
Sun - 11.02 mi @ 12:26 pace (LSD)


I definitely struggled with the heat this week, but it felt good to get a solid week of workouts in!  And I finally got to reintroduce my favorite marathon training tradition -- a lazy post-run afternoon of Domino's pizza (cheesy bread and a pepperoni and pineapple pizza) and lots of tv (started watching Parenthood, and I love it!)  I skipped the compression socks this time, but those will definitely have to make a comeback too.  Amazingly, I even got my long run in early enough to go to church and run an errand before I collapsed on the couch with my not-so-healthy lunch and did some cleanup work on my post-move disaster while I was watching tv.  Despite the fact that when I tried to jump in the shower with 15 minutes to get cleaned up there was ZERO water pressure and the water just dribbled straight down ...
Yes I love butter garlic sauce, no that was not the only piece I ate
And the plan for next week:
Mon - Cross training moving moving moving
Tue - 3 mi GA
Wed - 6 mi Fartlek
Thu - 3 mi EZ 
Fri - Rest
Sat - 6 mi MP
Sun - 12 mi LSD


Yes, that's right, I'm changing things up and throwing in a middle of the week "speed" session.  I definitely feel like training for two marathons last year has made me slower at short distances, and this time I don't want to totally forget what it feels like to run fast, even if it's not for very far.  I'll let you know how it goes ...

2 comments:

  1. I'm anxiously away for this weeks Mileage report ! Mainly to see what your long runs look like this weekend.

    ReplyDelete